Alright, decision paralysis time and I need you all to talk sense into me.
Currently shooting a D850 and a Z7 II I picked up in February with the FTZ II. Love both for landscape and night stuff, no complaints. But my grandson started travel baseball this spring and the Z7 II is... let's say not built for a 9 year old sliding into second base.
The plan was to wait for the Z9 II and grab a Z8 cheap when everyone upgrades. Now the rumor sites are saying the Z9 II isn't showing up any time soon, maybe not this year at all. Used Z8s are going for about $3,300 near me right now.
So do I buy the Z8 now and enjoy it, or hold out for a price drop that might not happen until 2027? My wife says buy it. My wife also says that about fishing gear, so I'm not sure she's impartial.
Body only, I've got the glass.