Camera Forum

DiscussionX-T6 slipping again? Starting to lose patience

Started by jk2112, 3 Sep 2026. 17 replies, 621 views

Gear in this topic: Fujifilm X-T5, Fujifilm X-T50

jk2112
Member

Been holding off on upgrading my X-T50 since spring because everyone said an X-T6 was coming in September. Now there are reports it's been postponed and might not even happen this year. Meanwhile Fujifilm seems to be putting out lenses and Instax cameras and that's it.

Is anyone else just sitting on their hands? At what point do you give up and buy an X-T5? I mostly shoot street and travel, nothing fast, so I know the X-T5 would be fine. It's more the feeling of buying something that's about to be replaced. Talk me out of waiting, or into it.

1 like
jk2112
Member

Better AF tracking mostly. And whatever sensor comes next. Feels dumb to buy the old one weeks before a new one. I did that with a phone once and still regret it.

tomthurlow
Senior member

This is every Fuji forum since about 2012. Somebody's always waiting for the next X-T, and meanwhile the people who bought the last one are out taking pictures.

I'll tell you what happens when the X-T6 does turn up, because it's what happens every time. It'll have a new sensor that's slightly better at high ISO, the AF will be a bit stickier, it'll cost a few hundred more than the X-T5 did at launch, and within a week there'll be a thread asking whether it's worth it over a used X-T5. Which will be going cheap by then, mind. So either buy the X-T5 now and enjoy a year of pictures, or wait, buy the X-T6, and enjoy the same pictures a year later. I know which I'd do, and I'm a Sony shooter who spends most of his time on lenses older than me. Nobody ever looked at a picture and asked which generation the sensor was. Just saying

Quinn_R
Member

I'm in a similar position but from the other end. I have an X-T30 II and I'm trying to work out whether the weather sealing on an X-T5 is worth it for hiking in Algonquin in the fall, or whether I should wait in case the X-T6 changes anything about the sealing. Do the rumours mention anything about weather resistance? I realise the X-T5 is already sealed, I just want to be sure I'm not missing something before I spend the money.

Last edited:

jk2112
Member

Update: still haven't bought anything. Found a used X-T5 locally for a decent price but I keep thinking the day I buy it they'll announce. Giving it until the end of the month.

jk2112
Member

End of the month. No X-T6, and I still haven't bought the X-T5, because apparently I'd rather complain. Black Friday maybe.

4 likes

Related topics

  1. Questionviltrox 27 1.2 pro on an x-t5, anyone?
    f8andbethere, in Lenses · 3 replies
  2. ShowcaseA year with one lens
    mfrost, in Showcase · 13 replies
  3. ReviewX-T5 six months on, coming from the X-T4
    mfrost, in Fujifilm · 3 replies